Corporate Website

Wintershall is active around the world. Learn more about our strategy, projects and values on our corporate website.

www.wintershall.com

 

 

Wintershall Norge

Wintershall Worldwide
Languages:

Energy Ticker

17.07.2015

Wintershall gets permission for exploration drilling

The Petroleum Safety Authority has given Wintershall permission to drill exploration well 35 / 11-18 Syrah in PL 248 in the North Sea. The well is located about 4 km west of Vega South field, 8 km south of Vega field and 12 km northwest of the Troll field. Drilling is scheduled to start in august 2015 and is estimated to last for 48 days, depending on if there are discoveries or not. The Borgland Dolphin rig will drill the well. Wintershall is operator on PL 248 with a share of 60 percent. Petoro owns the remaining 40 percent of the license.

Source: Offshore.no

 

07.07.2015

DNV GL wins frame agreement with Wintershall

Wintershall has signed a framework agreement with DNV GL for supplying global inspection services for its developments in Norway. The contract value is expected to exceed NOK 10 million (€ 1,2 million). The term of the contract is five years, with an option for two, two-year extensions. DNV GL will perform worldwide inspection, test and surveillance activities. The scope of services includes: review of the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP), examination of materials, products, manufacturing processes, work procedures and/or services for Wintershall’s contractor’s. DNV GL will also examine contractor’s procedures, documents, quality performance and compliance with governing standards and specifications.

Source: Petro.no

 

06.07.2015

Det norske gets lower share in Sverdrup

When the five oil companies on Sverdrup negotiated the resource distribution on the field, the oil company Det norske oljeselskap was the only actor that did not sign the agreement. Now, the company may end up with 11, 57 percent ownership, which is lower than the previous proposal (11, 9 percent), which they did not accept. The Ministry of Energy and Petroleum conducted the distribution of shares since the oil companies where not able to come to an agreement themselves. The rest of the field is divided among Statoil (40.03 percent), Lundin Norway (22.6 percent), Petoro (17.36 percent), and Maersk Oil (8.44 percent). – The results of this decision gives all the companies an vested interest in developing and operating the field in the coming decades, Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Tord Lien says. Det Norske has not ruled out the possibility of taking the case to court.

Source: Adressa.no

 

19.06.2015

Network of mayors in oil cities are aiming to create more jobs

It sparked great interest when representatives from 30 oil cities visited Stavanger on the 3rd of July. The attendees were gathered to discuss how to fight the recession in the petroleum industry. New statistics show that the oil crisis has resulted in 21.000 fewer jobs. Now, there will be established a network for the mayors in oil cities where they can share experiences. The city of Stavanger wants to establish a plan that aims to creative 10.000 more jobs within 2020. In addition, there has been discussion if the group should obtain expert competence, from for instance from Rystad Energy.

Source: Aftenbladet.no

 

Press Contact

Verena Sattel
Communication Manager North Sea, Spokesperson

verena.sattel[at]wintershall.com